Innovation and entrepreneurship at the first edition of the Bta.Innova and Bta.Emprende awards
Bta. Barcelona Food Technology seeks to recognise innovation and entrepreneurship among companies that produce machinery and technology for the food manufacturing industry.
The show has created the Bta.Innova and Bta.Emprende awards, two new awards that promote research and entrepreneurial dynamism.
The prize for the winner of Bta.Emprende includes:
- The Bta.2015 Award for the category "Bta.Emprende"
- An exhibiting space at Bta.
Furthermore, according to the agreement that Bta. has signed with REIMAGINE FOOD, the winner will receive:
A place in the FOOD & TECH BOOTCAMP program, the new acceleration program of the food disruptive center REIMAGINE FOOD.
For three intensive weeks, the winner of Bta.Emprende, with other startups selected by REIMAGINE FOOD, will have the opportunity to:
- Meet ten of the key players in the sector of food and beverage
- Discover how to improve his business model through the services of Deloitte, strategic partner of REIMAGINE FOOD
- Know disruptive concepts and innovations through the REIMAGINE FOOD Lab and Team
- Have a Business Coach for a period of three weeks
- Meet potential investors and present his project at the Investor Day
- Get a physical space in our innovation center EsadeCreapolis
The winner will also have the opportunity to show and present his project at the FOOD REVOLUTION FORUM, the most important European event about Food & Tech, organized by REIMAGINE FOOD and ESADE, which will take place in September 2015.
There is no registration fee to enter the competition for either of the two awards. Each participating company may compete in a maximum of two of the four established categories:
- Processing and Preparation
- Food Safety, Hygiene and Quality
- Environment, Waste, Ecodesign and Energy Efficiency
- Automation, Sensors, Control, Logistics and Information and Communications Technology
The ceremony for the first edition of the Bta.Innova & Bta.Emprende awards will take place on April, 23rd at 5 pm. at the Innovation Meeting Point.
These awards are organised by Bta., the Agri-Food Research and Technology Institute (IRTA) and the Food For Life Platform, with the support and partnership of the Spanish National Preserve and Seafood Manufacturers Association (Anfaco), Multi-sector Business Association (Amec), AINIA Technology Centre, Azti Tecnalia, Food and Drink Industry Federation (FIAB) and National Centre for Food Technology and Safety (CNTA).